Saturday, April 24, 2010

World Clown Association Convention


I just spent a week in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. It was my first time visiting the neighboring nation and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone was friendly and accommodating.

My father and I traveled to the WCA convention with Janet and Larry Tucker (my faux-grandparents). I was able to make a lot of new friends like Eric Zander (former Ringling clown), Uncle Fishy (Edward from Malaysia), Greg (MN) and Martin (India). I was also able to hang out with some old friends as well.

A couple of people I was looking forward to seeing were Arthur Pedlar and Alan Whitely. Sadly they were not able to make it from the UK because of the volcanic activity and ash in the air over Iceland. Because they did not come I volunteered to pick up a couple of their classes and I was able to teach at the first convention I attended!

The guest entertainer and lecturer was Avner "the Eccentric" Eisenberg. Not enough can be said about this man. He is a thinker, a teacher and an incredible performer. Don't believe me? Check him out at www.avnertheeccentric.com

Thank you to all those who made me feel at home. I loved every minute of it and I hope to see you again soon.

No comments: